During the four days of The Tire Cologne, Vipal rubber will introduce two new treads. These are the VM729 and VDE2. The retread manufacturer comments with pride that both treads have very recently been granted 3PMSF ‘snowflake symbol’ certification.
Marangoni and Tatneft Group have agreed to form a retreading joint venture in Russia. Based in Nizhnekamsk, Republic of Tatarstan, the joint venture to retread all steel truck tyres will operate as KaMaRetread LLC and is expected to commence operations in the first half of 2015. Trading house Kama, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tatneft, will own 65 per cent, while Marangoni SpA will own the remaining 35 per cent. Tatneft is the owner of Nizhnekamskshina, which recently reached the milestone of two million all-steel radial truck tyres produced by its Nizhnekamsk factory.