Silence and comfort with Yokohama’s EV tyres
Vehicle manufacturers’ accelerated development of battery and hybrid technology to significantly reduce vehicle emissions is being supported by tyre manufacturers. Tyres influence fundamental characteristics, such as the efficiency, the range, and the low running noise of electric vehicles, so tyre-makers are innovating quickly to address these key performance characteristics, while not compromising on the tyre’s core safety functions. Yokohama states that it has played a key role in developing its range of tyres to meet the requirements of this next generation of vehicles.
Yokohama’s commitment to a sustainable and low carbon future has helped drive the development of dedicated electric vehicle tyres which feature a host of technical advancements. The Yokohama Advan db V552 is designed specifically for battery and plug-in hybrid vehicles to offer reduced noise and increased comfort. Featuring a redesigned “silent tyre structure” and a reinforced belt, the tyre has been optimised to help prevent vibration, improve handling and enhance comfort to create a smoother drive. Offering impressive wet grip and fuel efficiency, this tyre is currently available in 15” and 16”, with sizes coming soon up to 20”.
Meanwhile, supported by innovative design and sustainably sourced products, Yokohama’s BluEarth tyres are an environmentally, human and socially friendly premium product that utilises advanced technologies to maximise driver pleasure while minimising impact.
The Yokohama BluEarth range, designed to be the tyre-maker’s eco tyre line, has a number of options for drivers looking to enhance their environmental credentials when selecting a replacement tyre. These include the:
- BluEarth-GT AE51, a grand touring tyre for mid-range saloons, available in sizes 14-19”;
- BluEarth-ES ES32, ideally suited to compact and small family cars in sizes from 13-18”;
- BluEarth-4S AW21, an all-season tyre available in sizes from 14-19”;
- BluEarth-XT AE61 for urban SUV and crossover vehicles, available in sizes from 16-20”;
- and the BluEarth Winter V905 and BluEarth Winter V906 winter tyres featuring the Three Peak Snowflake mark, in sizes from 15-22”.