BKT Carbon gains online presence
Balkrishna Industries set up its BKT Carbon subsidiary at the same time as establishing the BKT carbon black plant at its main tyre production site in Bhuj, India. Inaugurated in 2018, the facility is now capable of producing 140,000 tonnes of carbon black each year. BKT uses 65 per cent of output in its own tyre production and sells the remaining 35 per cent on the open market. BKT Carbon is responsible for production as well as global sales of BKT’s carbon black, and now has its own dedicated website, www.bkt-carbon.com.
According to BKT, developing its own carbon black production capability was a “strategic decision” that lets it “vertically integrate this component into tyre production while guaranteeing a high level of quality throughout the process.”