Blackcircles founder Welch nominated for TIA board of directors election
The Tire Industry Association (TIA), which lobbies for tyre safety in the USA, has announced the nominations for the 2019 Board of Directors. Four individuals will be elected to serve on the TIA Board for a three-year term. The voting period will end on Sunday 1 September 2019.
Those on this side of the Atlantic may be interested to learn that Blackcircles.com founder Mike Welch is amongst the nominees. Following the sale of Blackcircles to Michelin a few years ago, Welch has embarked on a number of other projects including the establishment of Tirescanner.com in the USA.
The complete list of the nominees for TIA’s Board of Directors is as follows:
• Russell Devens – McCarthy Tire Service (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
• Alan Greenwald – Pine Brook Tire (Pine Brooke, NJ)
• Debra Hamlin – Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (Nashville, TN)
• Marcus Jackson – International Tire Repair Solutions (Montreal, Canada)
• Doug Kershaw – BKT USA, Inc. (Fairlawn, OH)
• Lance Meyer – Myers Tire Supply (Akron, OH)
• Jim Pangle – Fountain Tire (South Lethbridge, Canada)
• Dwayne Ray – National Tire Distributors (Alberta, Canada)
• Dean Schwartz – Lloyd’s Tire & Auto Care (Santa Cruz, CA)
• T.J. Trum – Pomp’s Tire Service Inc. (Kansas City, KS)
• Michael Welch – Tirescanner.com (Miami, FL)
Voting is open to all eligible TIA members in good standing. Online voting will open on Monday 15 July 2019. The results of the election will be announced in mid-September with the new board members taking office on Monday 4 November 2019 at TIA’s annual meeting during the Global Tire Expo in Las Vegas, NV.