New TIA Board Set
(Akron/Tire Review) Members have spoken, and TIA has 13 newly elected board of directors members. The new board members will officially take office Oct. 29 at TIA’s annual membership meeting in Las Vegas, just prior to the SEMA Sow.
Thirteen seats were open including 10 seats with three-year terms, one seat with a two-year term and two seats with a one-year term. Elected to serve three-year terms were:
• Gary Albright, Becker Tire & Treading, Great Bend, Kan.
• Michael Baggett, Yokohama Tire OTR Division, Santa Rosa, Fla.
• Mike Berra, Community Tire Retreading, Maryland Heights, Mo.
• Larry Brandt, MSB Tires, Port St. Lucie, Fla.
• Randall Groh, U.S. Oil Co., Combined Locks, Wis.
• Bob Katz, Nu-Tread Tire & Auto Service Center, East Boston, Mass.
• James Raben, Raben Tire Co., Evansville, Ind.
• Warren Secord, Warren Secord Tire Factory, Kent, Wash.
• Doug Swanson, Modern Auto Care, Eden Prairie, Minn.
• Stu Zurcher, Transwheel Corp., Huntington, Ind.
Additional members elected to the board include:
• Mike Wolfe of Southeastern Wholesale Tire Co., Raleigh, N.C., who was placed into the two-year vacancy that was created by the resignation of Steve Craven of Craven Tire & Auto in Fairfax, Va.
• Robert Ross of Hercules Tire Co. of Canada, Ontario, was placed into the one-year vacancy that was created by the resignation of Barbara Briggs of Briggs & Sons Tire, Fayetteville, N.C.
• Jim Short, Radial Tire and Bandag, Jasper, AL, was placed into the one-year vacancy that was created by Wayne Croswell’s election to the position of secretary.
The new Board will take office on Monday, October 29, 2007 at TIA’s Annual Meeting at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada.