Bridgestone an FCA Supplier of the Year
Bridgestone Americas says it is honoured to be one of FCA’s Supplier of the Year awardees in the North America region. The tyre maker was one of 19 supplier partners acknowledged at the 2019 annual Supplier Conference and Award Ceremony in Detroit.
The tyre maker was named Sustainability Supplier of the Year, a recognition that highlights Bridgestone’s efforts to adhere to social, ethical and environmental principles throughout the organisation’s entire supply chain.
“At Bridgestone, we are dedicated to changing the storyline for major corporations by actively working to establish a more sustainable society for our customers, partners, communities and the world around us,” said Jim DeMouy, vice president of environment, health, safety and sustainability, Bridgestone Americas. “We are honoured to receive this award alongside an esteemed group of recipients. Sustainable supply chain operation is a critical step toward the industry’s overall commitment and we’re pleased to have like-minded partners such as FCA.”
A longstanding supplier, Bridgestone has supplied tyres for various FCA brands, including Jeep and Ram. “This award is a testament to the dedication of our employees to provide innovative, high-quality products in the most sustainable and responsible ways,” said Shannon Quinn, president, original equipment, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations. “We look forward to continuing our partnership with FCA to create and deliver advanced mobility solutions that improve the lives of consumers around the world.”
The FCA North American Suppliers of the Year are:
• Body Supplier of the Year – Gentex Corporation
• Capital Equipment Supplier of the Year – Giffin Inc.
• Chassis Supplier of the Year – CITIC Dicastal Co., Ltd.
• Electrical Supplier of the Year – Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.
• Engine Systems Supplier of the Year – Hutchinson Fluid Management Systems Inc.
• Foundational Principles Supplier of the Year – Meridian Lightweight Technologies
• Foundational Principles Supplier of the Year – Ground Effects
• Foundational Principles Supplier of the Year – DENSO International America, Inc.
• Foundational Principles Supplier of the Year – RRD
• Innovation Supplier of the Year – Continental
• Interior Supplier of the Year – Magna
• Mopar Supplier of the Year – Ryan & Sons, Inc.
• Powertrain Supplier of the Year – Delta Electronics Inc.
• Raw Material Supplier of the Year – Shell Oil Company
• Services Supplier of the Year – MSX International
• Supplier Diversity Supplier of the Year – Walbridge
• Supply Chain Management Supplier of the Year – The Lizhong Wheel Group
• Sustainability Supplier of the Year – Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
• Value Optimization Supplier of the Year – Dana Incorporated
“FCA is in the midst of transformational changes and these suppliers are helping enable a stronger future for all of us,” said Scott Thiele, Head of Purchasing and Supply Chain at FCA – North America. “It is an honour to recognise their contributions and dedication, as they represent the best in the industry.”