Speakers Confirmed for Tyre Recovery Association Forum Day
The Tyre Recovery Association (TRA) has confirmed the speakers for its forthcoming annual forum day on Friday 9 July. This year’s line up is said to include “a wide range of discussions from some of the industry’s leading organisations.” The theme for the event is ‘Regulation and Opportunity’ and will look at the many challenges and infrastructure threats faced by the industry, along with case studies from companies who have overcome many of these issues. Representatives from tyre manufacturers, retailers, law enforcement officials, collectors and re-processors will attend the event, helping to ensure a lively discussion takes place which benefits the entire industry.
“The programme of speakers we have managed to secure for the forum day will make it of great interest and benefit to everyone associated with the tyre industry,” comments Peter Taylor OBE, TRA secretary general. “Not only will delegates be able to hear about the future of tyre recycling but examples of best practice will be shared and participants will be able to join in discussions and share their own thoughts and experiences.”
Session topics are as follows:
● A new approach to managing risk – Environment Agency
● Tyre derived fuel: A future in cement – Sapphire Energy Recovery
● The TIF responsible Recycler Scheme: The best tool we have – Tyre Recovery Association
● Reports from Germany and Northern Europe – PVT Triptis
● Reports from the Iberian peninsula and the South of Europe – SIGNUS
● Leading from our side: An industry response – Michelin Tyre plc
The TRA forum day will be held at St John’s hotel in Solihull and will commence at 1.30pm. The event will follow the TIF Responsible Recycler Scheme workshop being held at the same venue during the morning. With places at both events limited, attendees are required to pre-register by contacting Christine Joyce on 0845 301 6852 or visiting the TRA website.