Berwin Industrial Polymers featured in Parliamentary Review

Around 80 per cent of Berwin Industrial Polymers sales are to the tyre sector

An important event in the diaries of both politicians and business leaders, the September release of The Parliamentary Review sees the documents highlight the best practice of organisations across the private and public sectors. The document shares some of the most forward-thinking work that has occurred in the country over the last year and is edited by former minister The Rt Hon David Curry. The 2018 edition features UK-based tyre compound supplier Berwin Industrial Polymers.

Berwin Industrial Polymers has been established for more than 60 years and in that time has built up a trusted reputation within the industry working across numerous different markets from the firm’s headquarters in Gloucestershire. In its Parliamentary Review article the company explains how significant investment, both in capital and labour over the last few years, should secure a prosperous future for the company ahead.

According to the Parliamentary Review article, “Around 80 per cent of our sales are to the tyre sector. The remaining 20 per cent is made up of diverse applications in the industrial, automotive, construction, defence, matting and mining industries. Around 70 per cent is sold to the local UK market, and 30 per cent is exported. We’ve embraced Brexit as an opportunity, and we’ve seen our exports grow on the back of a weakening pound. We also believe it will incentivise UK manufacturing to become market leaders.”

Manufacturing excellence has always been a jewel in the crown of British industry, and progress over recent years has proven that this sentiment is still accurate. The 2017/18 edition of The Parliamentary Review covers a variety of sub-sectors and includes submissions from companies across the country.

The Parliamentary’s Review long-time chief editor, former member of parliament David Curry, expressed his excitement before the launch of the latest Review. “Given the range of articles we have from organisations of all shapes and sizes, from up and down our country, this year’s Review will undoubtedly be the most comprehensive and informative yet.”

Writing in The Review, the prime minister says that “British politics provides ample material for analysis in the pages of The Parliamentary Review.”

Comments closed

We see you are visiting us from China.

If you would like the latest news from the Chinese tyre industry in Chinese, visit our partner site Or click below to continue on Tyrepress.