Toyo Tires to tweak organisational structure
A number of organisational changes are set to take place at Toyo Tire Corporation on 15 June. A new unit, the Corporate Strategy Division, will be created. Toyo says this division, which will report directly to president Takashi Shimizu, is being created to give the company greater flexibility to accomplish its growth strategy.
Other changes scheduled to take effect 15 June are as follows:
• The Corporate Planning Division will change its name to the Corporate Infrastructure Division, and its functions will be reorganised.
• The Administration Division will change its name to the Corporate Administration Division, and its functions will be reorganised.
• The Corporate Administration Department will be newly established under the Corporate Administration Division.
• The Corporate Planning Department operating under the Corporate Infrastructure Division will be dissolved. The department’s functions will be transferred to the Corporate Strategy Division and the Corporate Administration Department.
• The Corporate Communications Planning Department and the Brand Communications Department, both operating under Corporate Infrastructure Division, will be integrated and reorganised to newly establish the Corporate Communications Department.
• The Information Systems Department operating under the Corporate Infrastructure Division will be transferred to the Corporate Administration Division.
• The Human Resources Department and the General Affairs Department, both operating under the Corporate Administration Division, will be transferred to the Corporate Infrastructure Division.
A number of changes in the positions held by company management are also occurring between the start of the month and 15 June; Toyo says some of these reflect the structural changes taking place, while other appointments aren’t related.