Brityrex hosts Tyre Talk seminars for the first time
Apart from the new venue, something else that you will quickly notice about this year’s Brityrex (which kicks off in just over a week's time) is the addition of a series of Tyre Talk seminars, designed to inform and provide a forum for discussion about some of the most pressing issues of the day.
The NTDA, itself principal sponsor of Brityrex, has partnered with show organisers ECI International and some of the industry’s leading figures will be addressing the subjects in hand. What’s interesting about the Tyre Talk approach is that, to ensure that as many people as possible have the opportunity to attend, some of the subjects are repeated on more than one day.
The ideas is that the concise talk competently address some of the main concerns of the tyre trade while at the same time, because they are comparatively short, that visitors will still have all the time they need to visit the rest of the show’s attractions.
Here’s how the Tyre Talk programme is scheduled to run:
Tuesday 9 October
- 14:00 – TPMS, Ian Smith (chairman, NTDA Aftermarket Suppliers Group)
- 15:00 – Tyre Labelling, Graham Willson (secretary, Tyre Industry Federation)
Wednesday 10 October
- 11:00 – Retreading, David Wilson (Director, Retread Manufacturers Association)
- 12:00 – Tyre Labelling, Graham Willson
- 13:00 – Tyre Disposal, Jane Whitelaw (Jane Whitelaw EA Senior Advisor
- 14:00 – TPMS, Ian Smith
- 15:00 – Tyre Repairs, Alan Bithell (chairman, BSI Tyre Standards Repair Standards Committee)
Thursday 11 October
- 11:00 – Tyre Labelling, Graham Willson