CITExpo Organiser Reports a Record Year in 2010
This year the China International Tire Expo – CITExpo for short – once again broke records. The show’s organiser states that the three-day exhibition was visited by more than 7,400 tyre experts. Last year Reliable International Exhibition Services registered the attendance of 6,320 visitors, which means that this year’s CITExpo, the eighth held, enjoyed 17 per cent visitor growth. This year’s numbers also well exceeded the show held in 2008 – before the global crisis – for which only 6,860 visitors made their way to the Shanghai Everbright Convention & Exhibition Center. At this year’s show, 60 per cent of visitors came from various regions throughout China, and the remaining 40 per cent from 92 countries around the world.
This ratio of international visitors is also a new record and Wilko Fong, managing director of organiser Reliable says this shows CITExpo is becoming increasingly international and can lay claim to being an “internationally leading tyre exhibition.” Last year the percentage of international visitors only reached 33 per cent. Catering to this year’s international and domestic visitors was 290 exhibitors who – another first – were allocated three exhibition halls instead of the two halls used in previous shows. In total the exhibition area covered some 22,000 square metres, housing stands ranging in size from around 160 square metres down to two metre by three metre stands. And those wishing to secure a prime spot next year have no time to lose: shortly after this year’s CITExpo came to an end up to 70 per cent of exhibition space for the 2011 show had already been booked; 180 exhibitors have already registered for the ninth CITExpo, which will be held at the same site between September 7 and 9 next year.
“We have helped Chinese manufacturers to secure a place in the world, we have done a lot for them,” reflects Wilko Fong in reference to the show’s history since its inception. The show has developed alongside the local industry since the first CITExpo in 2003, the organiser’s managing director continues during an interview with Tyres & Accessories. It is today impossible to imagine a world market without tyres produced in China, and the exhibition is “the best location to place orders for tyres,” added Fong, referring to the key purpose of CITExpo. “The exhibition provides exhibitors with international buyers and partners aplenty.”