Aria Tire breaks ground on new Iranian tyre factory

Local sources report that Mohammad Reza Nematzadeh, the Iranian minister of industry, mine and trade attended the ground-breaking of Gostaresh Aria Tire’s new tyre production facility in Zabol City, Eastern Iran on 10 March. The ground-breaking marks the latest development in a significant expansion of the Iranian tyre industry.

The new tyre factory is being built within the Ramcharan industrial estate is set to have an annual product capacity of 50 thousand tons of “light and heavy tyres”. The Gostaresh Aria Tire site is said to cover 50 hectares of land, with infrastructure expected to be built as well in order to serve the site. Local news sources report that investment of 6,281 billion rials (£147 million; 183 million; US$202 million) has been allocated to the project.

Earlier European Rubber Journal and other sources reported that Razi Industrial Group had broken ground on Razi Tire Co. in Sanandaj, Kordestan Province, Western Iran (the opposite side of the country from Aria Tire). Razi Tire was formerly known as Sabalan Tyre and is owned and run by the Ganji brothers, who also run Artawheel Tire in Ardabil province and Yazd Tire in Yazd. ERJ reported that Razi Industrial owns 81 per cent of Razi Tire; and the local Industrial Development and Renovation Organisation (IDRO) owns the other 19 per cent.

Minister Mohammad Reza Nematzadeh is also said to have attended this event as well as the Aria Tire ground-breaking.

Both efforts form part of the Iranian tyre industry’s plans to double in size by 2025. In practice this means four factory construction projects. Three of the four projects are being run in partnership with IDRO and private investment.

Comments closed

We see you are visiting us from China.

If you would like the latest news from the Chinese tyre industry in Chinese, visit our partner site Or click below to continue on Tyrepress.