Sales Training Manager
Oak Group Holdings Ltd is a North-West based tyre company with annual revenue of circa £200m. The group consists primarily of Oak Tyres UK Ltd – a tyre wholesale and distribution company, and Davanti World Ltd – an international tyre brand with a customer base spanning more than 80 countries.
Oak Tyres UK ltd, is the market leader in supplying the fast-fit industry with a comprehensive range of tyres and associated products.
Established in 1980, the company has grown significantly over recent years with over 400 staff and warehouses across the North of England. Operating across the North of England, Wales and Southern Scotland, with a daily delivery service to thousands of businesses.
The company is modern and dynamic with a strong focus on providing exceptional levels of customer service and value to the tyre industry.
As Sales Training Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with the company Managing Director, the Company Development Director and the Sales Directors of both Oak Tyres and Davanti Tyres UK.
This newly created role will be pivotal in continuing the company’s substantial growth and the right candidate will have the opportunity to demonstrate their drive and skillset to all key stakeholders in the business from day one.
The Sales Training Manager will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the training of all staff who interact with our customer base. We pride ourselves in delivering a best in class customer experience, and the right candidate will lead the team in ensuring these standards are maintained and continually improved.
You will be working with a team with varied experience levels who communicate with our B2B customers. The role is one of coaching improvements and monitoring adherence to the processes, which either already exist or are new developments for the company.
We invest heavily in continuous IT development to ensure our in-house systems are at the forefront of the industry in delivering an exceptional customer experience. As part of the role you will use your expertise in training to educate the internal team on how they communicate the many benefits the systems bring to their customers and create internal communications to promote updates.
This is an office-based role, at our head office in Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside. You will also travel across our other wholesale and retail locations across the North of England and the Scottish Borders to ensure the wider team are following the same processes. This will require a degree of flexibility for travel including occasional overnight stays where necessary.
The role will involve an extensive induction period to ensure you have the full knowledge to excel in the position. This will include becoming fully familiar with the Account Manager’s role, customer visits alongside experienced members of the sales team, and time in the fast-fit retail environment.
We are seeking a highly determined individual, motivated by success and future growth, who is able to quickly build relationships and work as an integral part of our sales team. The right candidate needs an outgoing personality and have excellent IT and presentation skill, with a drive to develop further in their use of key IT systems used in the role (e.g. Excel, Keynote, Power point), as well as our in-house systems.
This is a role for somebody with a passion to get into the detail, and harness incremental value from the business’s industry leading service capabilities and bespoke software solutions.
- Creating training programs for the internal team and tools to monitor the team’s adherence to these programs
- Delivering one-to-one and group training of the internal teams
- Monitoring and coaching the teams to ensure standardization of all areas linked to the customer experience
- Identifying areas for improvement in current customer experience processes
- Becoming an expert on our in-house developed customer ordering platform and it’s benefits to be able to train others on the system
- Maximising the value of sales support systems (e.g. CRM system and call centre telephony analysis)
- Creating and co-ordinating the communication of key messaging across the teams
- Work with internal staff across both the B2B wholesale and B2C retail environments
- Playing a central role in recruitment to ensure new starters are in keeping with the values of the organization, properly inducted and trained to maximise their career development
- Drive interdepartmental process and communication to ensure customers receive first class service in the most efficient manner
- Whilst already having a good knowledge of the Tyre Industry would be helpful this would not be essential as a full induction would be offered.
- Self-motivated with a desire to further their career by showcasing abilities
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent process and time management
- Energetic and passionate about personal growth and reward
- A dedicated team player
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative
- Adaptable to change
- Willingness to travel
- Competitive basic salary of £40,000
- Performance Bonus with OTE of £45,000 per annum after month 7 and OTE of £50,000 after month 12
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Life Insurance of 4 x basic salary after successful 6-month probation period.
- Private Health Cover after successful 6-month probation period.
- Management training and progression opportunities
- Company Contribution Pension Scheme
- Company discounts
- Enhanced maternity / paternity pay
- Free on-site parking
Please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org