Trade Marketing Executive
- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Location: Field based
Bridgestone in Europe, Russia, Middle East, India and Africa (BSEMIA), headquartered in Zaventem (Belgium), is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader providing sustainable mobility and advanced solutions.
In addition to our premium tire products, we offer a growing portfolio of tire-centric and mobility solutions. Together with our partners and guided by “Serving Society with Superior Quality”, that has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931, we are working to accelerate sustainable mobility innovations and solutions. Through innovative technology, we are committed to easier, safer, smoother and seamless mobility for our society and customers improving how people move, live, work and play .
Bridgestone also benefits from a significant retail network throughout the region – in fact our retail presence in the EMIA region is the largest in the tire industry. Through 17 distinct retail partners, we have around 3,500 outlets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa as well as around 2,500 outlets through our partner network in India. This network offers a selection of services, concepts and mobility solutions.
At Bridgestone we pride ourselves on the strong relationships we maintain with everyday drivers and this extensive retail network is one of the core reasons why.
In line with the “Bridgestone Essence”, our work environment is based on integrity and teamwork, where everyone can learn from each other and contribute with their own ideas in achieving the coming goals.
We want to hear from people who can take the challenge, unleash their creative potential and contribute to the company success demonstrating ownership, courage and agility. We want you to develop your skills, expand your knowledge and be proud of your work .
We are looking for a Trade Marketing Executive reporting directly to the Trade Marketing Manager
This is a local role, field based but reporting into Warwick Head Office
You will develop and implement appropriate retail, B2C sell in and sell out activities / initiatives to achieve budget and the Mid Term Plan (MTP) with direct & third party accounts.
Design and implement lead generation and conversion mechanics (SELL OUT) to increase footfall with our Customers and increase market share at the point of sales.
Control and report on the Trade Marketing Budget by customer
Promote High Rim Diameter (HRD) products wherever possible, and work closely with the sell in teams of the Consumer Sales Team to maximise opportunities
Look for new opportunities to assist with growth on Bridgestone & Firestone products and especially HRD products
- To recommend sales actions and creative initiatives to develop the sales policy and be involved in the development of all new Trade Marketing initiatives.
- To develop the retail sale by using training, developing Promotions and utilising all the assets available
- To develop B2C promotions for ‘pure click’ & ‘click & brick’ Customers and to ensure B2C Customer have the relevant & useful company & product information for their online platforms
- To produce and propose a detailed business plan of “sell in and sell out” activities by customer to enable the achievements of the business objectives and strategies.
- To ensure that there is full communication and cooperation with the sales teams at all levels and stages.
- Report on competitor activity and market knowledge.
- To hold and chair meetings and presentations where required.
- To report figures to ensure account management is in line with the business plan. This will detail sales made versus budget, A&P spend, required targets.
- Ensure that all policy changes or amendments are clearly communicated to the customers and that they are fully understood and adhered too.
- Work closely with the Training team to ensure any opportunities to improve Bridgestone & Firestone company and product knowledge of our Customers are maximised along with assisting them to improve their sales skills to improve sales of Bridgestone & Firestone products and especially HRD products
- Work closely at many levels of our Customers from Retail, marketing, management, Training, IT & Operations.
- Provide ‘Added Value’ to our customers to assist with getting in to the DNA of the business
- To undertake any additional “special projects” as and when required and to attend shows, promotional and hospitality events as and when required.
Bridgestone LEADERSHIP ESSENCE
Qualified candidates for this important position will therefore need to demonstrate the following:
- Establishes strategic direction and effectively communicates the vision: Communicates a clear and inspiring vision for the business; drives competitive and innovative strategies and is able to generate alignment against the strategic direction
- Demonstrates business acumen to achieve results through others: Understands, educates and applies the fundamental business concepts by which a company operates in order to deliver results and create a climate that fosters personal commitment to excellence
- Promotes and enhances company culture: Champions the organization’s shared values and beliefs
- Effectively manages across cultures: Achieves effective collaboration, alignment, and communication across multiple dimensions of cultural diversity
- BOSS focused – serves the customers having the end users in mind: Makes BOSS (end users) and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive relationships with BOSS; leverages BOSS intimacy in the development of new products, services and competitive advantage
- Demonstrates self-awareness and emotional intelligence: Recognizes one’s personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits. Understands emotions and their effects
- Intellectually curious in support of learning agility: Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application
- Embraces and leads change and innovation: Encourages different and innovative approaches to address problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the organization
- Identifies and develops organizational talent: Attracts high calibre diverse talent , leads and guides others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives through on-going development and collaboration
- Account Management skills/experience – with the ability to problem solve and act as good communicator between fleets, dealers and other customers.
- Clear strict budget control is a skill that will be strongly advantageous
- Have a clear understanding of Retail & online service delivery with a clear aim to strongly expand the business.
- Understanding of a retail operation (key drivers)
- Skilled negotiator, having undertaken negotiations at Director level and have a good track record.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good persuasion skills, articulate and lucid
- Good IT skills, knowledge of presentations using IT tools, PowerPoint is ideal.
- Presentation skills will be key in this role
- Good administration skills including being able to prioritise and organise paperwork, displaying a good attention to detail
- To have a get things done attitude and be able to move from analysis to action, with a record of having good business sense and judgement with making decisions.
- Commercially astute, balancing gaining new business with Company profitability
- Good contacts within the tyre and transport industries. Good networking abilities, with the ability to influence both internally and externally and is used to working in environments where collaboration is critical. Be able to give clear guidance and coach the business partners.
- Valid driving license
- Above all, the ATTITUDE, ENTHUSIASM and KEENESS to succeed, coupled with a passion for excellence.
- Retail Management experience, with a minimum of 5 years in an automotive environment, working within a pan-European organisation would be beneficial.
- To have experience within a field sales role, preferably within the tyre or automotive industry.
Why should you apply?
- We are passionate about our people and want to offer them the opportunity to develop and grow.
- You never stop learning. You will have the possibility to develop yourself via our Learning Management System that is also connected to LinkedIn Learning.
- Bridgestone as a global company drives your career to the next level by offering you possibilities to work in an international setting.
- You will have the opportunity to work with leading technologies.
- You will have the opportunity to experience a dynamic and challenging environment and work on different and innovative projects.
- We help you to drive your career path onward and upward working in a culture of feedback that recognizes you and helps your development.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in our Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
- We offer you attractive Benefits and a Competitive Salary
If you can demonstrate the skills we are looking for and would like to make a difference in a Pioneering company dedicated to shaping a sustainable future of real-world mobility solutions, join us at Bridgestone!
Process Next Steps: All applications will be reviewed. Our HR team will contact those applicants who we would like to invite for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Please don’t hesitate to apply at https://careers.bridgestone-emea.com/
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
You can learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on
Diversity and inclusion are a central part of Bridgestone EMIA’s values at the highest level. This is key for our people to show a passion for excellence for improving society connected to the world in which we live. Our commitment to diversity, is linked to our founders mission of ‘Serving Society with Superior Quality’, which is essential in shaping and creating the organization, serving all people, respectfully, connected to our business. We recognize that everyone is different and that attracting, developing and retaining our employees will create a sustainable working environment which is essential to our success. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate in particular on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.