Area Sales Manager – Kumho Tyre
Kumho Tyre is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of quality tyres, the sectors involved: car, 4×4/SUV and commercial van tyres. Kumho produces more than 60 million tyres a year for sale in 180 countries throughout the world.
We are recruiting Area Sales Managers throughout Great Britain. Accordingly, the role is field-based with extensive travel in a defined geographical territory. You will be working to manage both existing customer accounts and open new business channels in order to increase our market share.
Tyre manufacturer or Wholesale sales experience is a must.
- Maintain the designated sales account portfolio and achieve the UK sales & margin targets set for the period.
- Ensure brand PCR/LTR unit targets are achieved
- Take responsibility for the production of all customer sales reports
- When required, assist the Sales Director/Sales Manager in all other sales related projects
Main Job Function
- Identify new business opportunities within the territory.
- Achieve field sales and generate margins while following the sales policies approved by Kumho.
- Manage client’s credit and encourage swift fund collection.
- Guide and motivate the dedicated IAE within the UK sales function in order to achieve and surpass agreed sales objectives.
- Within a specific geographical territory, ensure the development of each account supplied by the warehouse and develop new accounts and prospects.
- Liaise with the Sales Director/Manager in respect of the management and development of customer accounts and in the relationship between field and office staff.
- When directed, maintain and develop Key Accounts, working in conjunction with the Sales Director/Manager to obtain profitable business.
- In conjunction with the Sales Director/Manager, prepare and submit tenders on behalf of UK office, ensuring that the presentation material utilized is in line with company expectations.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed, as detailed within the sales and marketing policy manual.
- Present account reviews and progress reports as required by the Sales Director/Manager.
- Prepare and make presentations to customers and prospects as required or at the direction of the Sales Director
- Maintain accurate records of all existing and potential customers
- Ensure that all quality standards are maintained and improved at all times
- Make sure to achieve company objectives in relation to customer credit limits and of debt repayment
- Prepare for and attend sales meetings in order to review performance and ensure all sales objectives are achieved. Develop a “healthy” competitive spirit within the ASM Team.
- Proven tyre sales success within the tyre industry.
- The desire and ability to be a team player.
- Strong IT skills
- Strong personal motivation
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, drive and a passion to achieve.
- Flexible, can-do attitude.
- Excellent prospects for achievers.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Job type: Full-time, Permanent. (Mon-Fri)
- Salary: Competitive
- Company car
- Company pension contributions
- Employee discount
Initially all applications should be made to Kumho Tyre UK HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org including your full CV.