Pirelli awards recognize nine suppliers from around the world
Pirelli has given supplier awards to the top nine companies from its more than 10,000 suppliers at the global level. According to the company, the Pirelli Supplier Awards acknowledge companies that have “distinguished themselves by making Pirelli’s supply chain more sustainable, innovative and qualitatively excellent, thus contributing to making Pirelli’s products always more High Value, in line with the company’s strategy”.
Pirelli’s general manager operations, Andrea Casaluci, and the chief procurement officer, Pierluigi de Cancellis, presented the awards to the nine suppliers, of raw materials, services and machinery, at a ceremony at the company headquarters in Milan.
This year also included a specific award for sustainability. In 2018, in light of sustainability’s full integration into Pirelli’s global supply processes and policies, Pirelli obtained recognition for the compliance of its supply system with the UNI ISO 20400 guidelines.
The 2019 Pirelli Supplier Award winners were:
- Hevea-Tec Industria e Comercio Ltda (Brazil), a natural rubber supplier, awarded in the categories of “Speed” and “Service Level”. The company also won the prestigious Sustainability award for its oversight of social and environmental sustainability along the entire supply chain, through technological innovation and involvement in the field starting for the material’s source.
- Quechen Silicon Chemical (China), supplier of silica, awarded in the categories “Quality” and “Speed”,
- Kordsa (Turkey), supplier of textile reinforcements, awarded for “Global Presence” and “Service Level”,
- Nynas AB (Sweden), supplier of plasticizers oils, awarded in the “Quality” and “Service Level” categories,
- Nuova Ciba S.p.A. (Italy), supplier of dosing systems, awarded in the categories of “Quality” and “Service Level”,
- Cassioli (Italy), supplier of Handling systems, used in many Pirelli factories with standard and custom systems, awarded for “Global Presence” and “Innovation”,
- Accenture, strategic partner for Pirelli’s digital transformation Roadmap, awarded in the categories of “Global Presence” and “Innovation”,
- Artic Falls AB (Sweden), supplier of proving grounds for the development of winter products, awarded for “Innovation” and “Service Level”,
- Arval Service Lease (France), international partner for long-term auto rental, awarded in the categories of “Service Level” and “Global Presence”.
Pierluigi de Cancellis, chief procurement officer, said: “Pirelli has a Global High Value business model. To achieve its targets, Pirelli needs partners who are able to guarantee not only excellent and always innovative service but who also share values such as attention to people, the environment, customers and brand value. For this reason, we wanted to award companies that share these aims with Pirelli and who have become true partners and not simply suppliers of goods or services.”