Industry divided over Essen/Cologne as preferred tyre show site

The survey results weren’t quite as close as those for the referendum in Essen, Germany, where a “majority” of 50.4 per cent voted against renovations to the Messe Essen site. Yet there was also no clear majority in the survey held in Germany by our sister publication Neue Reifenzeitung, and only slightly more respondents voted in favour of a tyre exhibition in Cologne as opposed to Essen, where the Reifen show is currently held.

The question asked was “which exhibition location would you prefer in the future” and from the close to 390 votes received, 54 per cent chose Cologne, with the remaining 46 per cent opting for the status quo. It will therefore be interesting to observe if and how opinions within the industry will change as ‘D-Day’ approaches or whether two tyre shows will really take place in 2018.

Comments
Comments closed