Marangoni outlines 2013 North America highlights
While the North American tyre market struggled to create demand for additional volume in 2013, Bill Sweatman, president of Marangoni Tread North America, announced the company managed to achieve a 70,000 unit sales increase for the year. “Growing faster than the market is a key indicator that we continue to collectively provide our customers with best-in-class products, service, support and the best network of independent dealers in the industry,” he said.
According to Sweatman, significant achievements at Marangoni Tread North America last year include the following:
– 12 new Unitread retreaders established.
– Two new Ringtread retreaders established.
– Seven new commercial locations opened.
– Two drive treads – RDA-E and RZYD-E – and super wide trailer retread stock released.
– The RTAone tread was Smartway-approved.
– Marangoni Intermodal tread introduced in new product development.
– A third shift was added at the company’s Nashville plant to meet increased demand.