Aeolus reveals Asia PCR range, top 10 ambitions
China’s fifth largest tyre manufacturer by sales, Aeolus announced its entry to the southeast Asia passenger car market on 20 March with the launch of a complete range of PCR tyre products. The new venture comes on the back of the construction of a new car tyre manufacturing plant in Jiaozuo; the 625,000sqm factory is capable of manufacturing six million tyres a year. Aeolus is exhibiting its new tyres at Tyrexpo Asia 2013 in Singapore.
Aeolus’ new tyre range comprises:
• the GreenAce AG02 ‘Standard’ series PCR tyre built for overall comfort, low noise, summer usage and high mileage performance, aimed at economy cars and taxis;
• the PrecisionAce AH01 ‘Comfort’ series specifically designed for use on limousines;
• the SteeringAce AU01 ‘Sport’ series UHP tyre, designed with asymmetrical grooves for improved steering, handling and grip on wet surfaces, and aimed at “sport-oriented drivers”;
• the UtilityAce AS02 ‘SUV’ series, designed with the city sports utility vehicle in mind;
• and the TransAce AL01 ‘Van’ series, targeted at light trucks and offering increased mileage and load carrying ability.
Commenting on the launch, Zhang Shutian, director of Asia and Africa Region for Aeolus, said: “The importance of high quality and safety to the car consumer in southeast Asia will make this a key market for us in the region. Local car buyers are committed to proven brands and we expect to quickly establish a reputation for reliability and excellence in tyres here.”
Aeolus also confirmed its ambition to become one of the top 10 tyre makers in the world. General manager Wang Feng, said: “The company’s goal is to have a price/quality position higher than that of South Korea’s Hankook Tyre Company. Currently we are at around the 20th position in the ranking of world tyre manufacturers; our intention is to be in the top 10 manufacturers in the world.”
Examples from the range were displayed during last year’s Reifen show at the Aeolus stand, which was run by Heuver Tyrewholesale, distributor of the Aeolus commercial range in eight European markets. The Netherlands-based commercial segment specialist was also originally set to distribute the Aeolus passenger range, however company director Bertus Heuver told Tyres & Accessories this is no longer the case. The wholesaler decided against taking on the passenger car range for practical reasons; distributing a passenger car tyre brand would require the commercial segment wholesaler to set up brand new logistics and sales teams. Nevertheless, Bertus Heuver reports that the Aeolus passenger car range will still be sold in Europe and that the Chinese manufacturer is currently looking for a consumer segment wholesaler to act as distributor.