Bond International Developing a Stronger Foothold in Asia
As a major importer of far eastern manufactured tyres, Bond International’s presence at Tyrexpo Asia was significant. The company, which has been established for more than forty years, has acquired during its time in the business vast experience in the import and export of tyres to and from the UK. Today Bond International can provide unrivalled delivery service thanks to its four warehouses and stock level of over 600,000 tyres. As well as distributing all leading premium brand tyres the company is also the agent for Marshal, Admiral, Infinity, Sumo, Firenza, Rotalla and Gerutti.
In order to develop their interests in Asia, two years ago Bond International opened an office in Singapore under the management of Nichole Ni. “Currently we are sourcing an average of five to six container loads of major brand passenger and 4×4 tyres for shipment to the UK, which accounts for approximately 70 per cent of business conducted. The remaining 30 per cent relates to tyre sales through local outlets in Singapore,” said Nichole Ni. “Now that Bond International’s Asian arm has gained a foothold and established influential tyre industry contacts in several countries throughout the region, including Japan, China, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia, I have high expectations for the future development and success of our company.”
Company managing director Reg Bond told Tyres & Accessories that the market for tyres has never been more demanding; more sizes, more brands and more subtle variations means that a customer’s choice of wholesale partner can’t be more important. This is where experience counts, Bond reflects, and his company has more than four decades under its belt. “Having built up an extensive understanding of the tyre market we use this knowledge to provide our customers with the best possible service,” he said. “Quality brands and comprehensive stocks at the most competitive prices are combined with cutting edge technology to give our customers the all round package.”