Nankang Rubber Celebrates its 50th Anniversary
The predecessor of Nankang Rubber Tire Co. Ltd, Nankang Rubber Plant, was founded in Taipei city, Taiwan in 1945, mainly producing rickshaw tyres, rubber shoes and industrial products. In 1959, the company underwent privatisation and was reorganized as Nankang Rubber Tire Co. Ltd., as it has been for the past 50 years. To meet the growth of business scale, a second plant was established in Shin-Fung, Hsinchu County in 1973. In 1997, the latest plant, Nankang International Co., was finally set up in Zhangjiagang free trade zone, Jiangsu Province, People’s Republic of China, with the highest production capacity of 37,000 pieces a day. This month, as the company reaches the half century mark, Tyres & Accessories looks over the company’s five decades of history.
Back to 50 years ago, when the economic and industrial infrastructure was insufficient, and when the technology and raw material of the rubber industry was not easily accessible, Nankang Rubber Tire Co. had to rely on its own to overcome the challenges in terms of technical procedure, design and facilities.