Find Your Way to Winning a Satellite Navigation System
Think you’re up to scratch with your tyre history? Here’s your chance to prove it. Tyres & Accessories wanted to share its cheery anniversary mood with our loyal readers and so has teamed up with Blaupunkt to give away two of the satellite navigation manufacturer’s latest Travel Pilot Lucca portable satnav units. So if you want to get your hands on one of these two gizmos, then answer the six simple questions (one question for each decade Tyres & Acccessories has been in print) in the subscribers area. For more details on the Travelpilot Lucca search “Lucca” in the quickfinder at www.tyrepress.com.
The winning entry will be drawn at random from the correct answers, with details of the winner published in a future edition of Tyres & Accessories. Please send your entries to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with TravelPilot Lucca Competition in the subject line.
1. He made his first appearance in 1898 and is acknowledged as one
of the best-known trademarks in the world, but what is the name of the
A. Wayne B. Bibendum C. Henri
2. This tyre manufacturer retired from Formula One racing in 1998
after a record 361 race victories and 25 Drivers’ World Championships.
Which manufacturer was it?
A. Avon B. Bridgestone C. Goodyear
3. This Scottish vet, living in Glasgow, had an idea in 1888
to make his son’s tricycle run more smoothly. Who was he?
A. Kelly Springfield B. John Boyd Dunlop
C. Charles Goodyear
4. Which UK Trade Association is celebrating its 77th anniversary
A. TIC B. ITMA C. NTDA
5. Which of these is NOT the name of a comparatively new technology
for manufacturing tyres?
A. C3M B. Rolo C. MIRS
6. In 1988, the Bridgestone Corporation paid an estimated $2.6
billion for which US tyre manufacturer?
A. Firestone B. Cooper C. General Tire
Competition entries must be received before the closing date of 31 July.