Has Continental Bought InterSprint?

7th September 2005 | 0 Comments
 

A Dutch tabloid’s list of the top 500 richest people in the Netherlands has sparked rumours that Continental AG has bought InterSprint. The Dutch rich-list rated InterSprint’s owner, Job Van Vliet, as the 205th wealthiest person in the Netherlands.

In addition, the report quoted the normally understated Mr Van Vliet as saying that he only owned 5 per cent of the company and that the remaining 95 per cent stake was held by Continental through Conti-Gummi Finance. One explanation for the story is that, due to his reserved nature, Mr Van Vliet tried to distance himself from the reports suggestion that he was one of the richest men in the Netherlands.

However in Hanover, Continental AG denied that there was any truth in the report. In a firm rebuttal, Continental passenger and light truck marketing director, Lars Fahrenbach, told Tyres & Accessories that the company is aware of the report but Continental does not own any of InterSprint either directly or indirectly, nor does it ever plan to do so.

The rest of this article is for subscribers only:
Log inSubscribe

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Product News

Buy subscriptions, premium industry reports, and business directory entries in our shop. | Dismiss

[ + ]