Tag: survey

NMDA Autumn Dealer Attitude Survey shows general satisfaction with manufacturers

Monday 13th November 2017 | 0 Comments

“The NMDA is pleased to see that this year’s Autumn 2017 Dealer Attitude Survey received a high response rate of 36 per cent made up of nine main brands. Participants in this survey were made up of 75 per cent of independently owned franchise dealers, and 22 per cent privately owned groups. 61 per cent were single brand dealer’s whist the remainder of 39 per cent were multi-franchised.” commented Stephen Latham, Head of the National Motorcycle Dealers Association (NMDA).

Continue Reading

‘Unreliable’ charge points putting people off buying electric vehicles

Tuesday 7th November 2017 | 0 Comments

At the beginning of 2017, it became government policy that all petrol and diesel cars must be off the road by 2040 causing quite a media stir. Click4Reg.co.uk investigated the impact of this bill on the popularity of electric cars, and sought to identify if electric charge points are growing at the same rate across the UK.

Continue Reading

80% of drivers prefer to buy tyres face-to-face rather than online

Tuesday 24th October 2017 | 0 Comments

New research by the National Tyre Distributor’s Association (NTDA) has found that 80 per cent of motorists would rather buy tyres in person from a tyre technician, instead of purchasing online. The survey was commissioned as part of the NTDA’s policy document Raising Standards and Improving Safety in the UK Tyre Industry. Further research from the survey also found that 85 per cent of motorists trust their tyre retailer and that 40 per cent purchase a tyre based on advice from a technician.

Continue Reading

LeasePlan survey reveals the self-driving car generation gap

Friday 22nd September 2017 | 0 Comments

Are British drivers comfortable with the thought their grandchildren may never drive a car? Over a quarter (26 per cent) claim they are, believing the autonomous evolution is simply ‘part of life’ with the next generation having to embrace learning new skills, other than driving.

Continue Reading

UK motorists in love with driving, says survey

Friday 11th August 2017 | 0 Comments

A large number (46 per cent) of middle aged drivers admitted to using their cars for ‘me time’ to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. New consumer research from LeasePlan UK, one of the world’s largest vehicle management groups, shows Brits still have a love for driving and the freedom it gives them. The happiest of all drivers, still coming off the hype of passing their test, are the youngest motorists (26 per cent) compared to just 15 per cent of 45 to 54 year olds.

Continue Reading

Motorists leasing their vehicle could fall foul of law driving overseas – LeasePlan

Monday 19th June 2017 | 0 Comments

According to a recent survey, over 15 per cent of Britons who take their cars abroad have admitted to driving on the wrong side of the road and only 1 in 5 bother to learn foreign laws in advance of getting behind the wheel. Alongside brushing up on the rules and regulations of driving overseas, motorists are now required to display a Crit’ Air sticker on their windscreen when driving through the French capital. Without it, drivers could face fines of up to £117.

Continue Reading

Motor Dealer report pessimistic over profits and Brexit

Motor Dealer report pessimistic over profits and Brexit

Monday 19th June 2017 | 0 Comments

The second annual MHA Motor Dealer report reveals a significant drop in optimism amongst UK motor dealers around the prospects for profitability in the sector this year. 76 per cent of dealers surveyed said they expected profits to drop or remain static for the year, that’s an increase of 20 per cent from 2016.

Continue Reading

Motorists prioritise safety over vanity, says Goodyear

Motorists prioritise safety over vanity, says Goodyear

Tuesday 30th May 2017 | 0 Comments

Drivers chose safety (36 per cent) as the most important reason to have an innovative feature on a car, rather than whether the feature looks good (2 per cent) according to a survey from Goodyear Tyres.

Continue Reading

Little change in latest motorcycle dealer survey

Wednesday 10th May 2017 | 0 Comments

The NMDA Spring 2017 Dealer Attitude Survey, published on 9 May 2017, shows that the all-dealer average when asked about the overall value of the franchise remained static at 6.8 since the last survey in Autumn 2016. “The NMDA is pleased to see that this year’s Spring 2017 Dealer Attitude Survey received a response rate of 32 per cent. Participants in this survey were made up of 74 per cent of independently owned franchise dealers, and 24 per cent privately owned groups. 58 per cent were single brand dealer’s whist the remainder of 42 per cent were multi-franchised.” commented Stephen Latham, head of the National Motorcycle Dealers Association (NMDA).

Continue Reading

Keep your eyes on the road – Goodyear supports Direct Line survey findings

Wednesday 10th May 2017 | 0 Comments

Research by Direct Line has revealed that 11 million motorists (28 per cent) have been involved in a collision either because they weren’t looking at the road or because they didn’t check their blind spot and almost a fifth of motorists (18 per cent) have been involved in a collision with another vehicle because they allowed their eyes to drift off the road.

Continue Reading

Used car buying survey shows shift away from private sellers

Used car buying survey shows shift away from private sellers

Tuesday 2nd May 2017 | 0 Comments

A survey of 1,289 mycarcheck.com customers has revealed a significant shift in where people buy used cars. 27 per cent of those surveyed in February said they preferred to go to a main dealer or car supermarket, up from 13 per cent of those asked the same question a year ago. The trade has taken this market share from private sellers, down to 35 per cent from 48 per cent the previous year, with independent retailers unchanged on 33 per cent.

Continue Reading

Price, access to charging, range the barriers to electric vehicle purchases – survey

Wednesday 26th April 2017 | 0 Comments

A YouGov survey carried out on behalf of the NFDA has asked more than 2,000 respondents for the main barrier preventing them from buying an electric vehicle. The NFDA concentrated its research on the 1,419 who owned at least one car. 29 per cent said the price of the vehicle represented the main barrier, while nearly one in four (24 per cent) said that access to charging points - both at home (12 per cent) and during journeys (12 per cent) - was their main concern. 22 per cent added that the battery range of vehicles was the primary reason preventing them from purchasing an electric car.

Continue Reading

Generic hold music can lose garages customers – study

Generic hold music can lose garages customers – study

Wednesday 26th April 2017 | 0 Comments

New research conducted by audio branding specialist PHMG suggests that the large majority of garages risk losing custom by subjecting customers to generic music and audio while on hold. The audit of 255 firms in the garage and vehicle repairs trade questions call handling standards.

Continue Reading

IGA ‘delighted’ with NFDA survey results

Tuesday 11th April 2017 | 0 Comments

The Independent Garage Association (IGA) said it was “delighted, but not surprised,” to see that independent garages topped consumer satisfaction comparisons in the National Franchised Dealers Association’s (NFDA) Consumer Attitude Survey Spring 2017.

Continue Reading

Latest Dealer Attitude survey shows ‘degree of optimism’

Thursday 23rd March 2017 | 0 Comments

The most recent edition of the National Franchised Dealers Association survey has been published, with dealers showing more optimism about profit returns. “It is positive to see that when evaluating their satisfaction with profit return, the majority of dealers gave a response which was higher than the neutral score of 5.0. However, the average score for both current and future profit return has decreased again compared with the last survey,” said Sue Robinson, director of the NFDA, commenting on the results.

Continue Reading